At Affordable Funerals our aim is to provide you, at all times, with a first class standard of service and the highest standards of advice. However, there may be occasions when you feel that these objectives have not been achieved.
To make a complaint please contact us by
emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on: 08008620150
Write to us: FAO Complaints Department
The Pool House
We take all complaints seriously and will deal with your concerns in the following manner;
- We will first acknowledge your complaint promptly following receipt, enclosing a copy of these procedures.
- If you make an oral complaint, our written acknowledgement will set out our understanding of your complaint.
- If we have reasonable grounds to be satisfied that another firm may be solely or jointly responsible for the concerns arising, we will promptly forward the complaint or the relevant part of it to that firm. We will write to you to confirm our actions and provide contact details of the firm concerned.
- Where we are able to resolve your complaint as soon as possible, and this is to your satisfaction, we will issue a written summary of our findings and conclusion. If having received this letter you remain dissatisfied, you may refer the issue to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) who can be contacted at: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR, Telephone 0800 0234 567 or www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk. We will also provide you with a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service leaflet; ‘your complaint and the ombudsman’.
- If your complaint cannot be resolved within this time, we will ensure that you are kept informed of our progress with regard to the investigation.
- We will endeavour to send you our Final Decision Letter; addressing your concerns and providing you with our decision within 8 weeks or keep you informed of the progress if it is not resolved before then.
- If our investigation is still ongoing after 8 weeks, we will send you confirmation of this in writing along with an explanation as to why we have been unable to complete our investigations within this timescale. We will also give you an indication when you can next expect contact from us and a copy of the FOS’s leaflet above.
- At this stage, you will be entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (see details above).
- We will continue to investigate your complaint until we are in a position to send you our Final Decision Letter.
- If your complaint is upheld, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible, once you have accepted our decision.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can refer the matter to the FOS at the above address. Please note you must refer the matter to them within 6 months of the date of our Final Decision Letter. Further details about this will be confirmed in the FOS’s leaflet.
- We shall deem the matter closed when our Final Decision Letter has been issued or where you have accepted our earlier response.
At Affordable Funerals we are committed to providing you with a high standard, quality service. We appreciate however that, on occasion, our service may not meet your expectations. We welcome your comments and would like you to let us know if you feel we have failed in any aspect of our service, and we will do our very best to resolve the issue. We continually work on improving our standards and your feedback helps us to identify problems and ensure we able to offer the best service possible. If you do have any concerns, it may be helpful to contact the colleague who has been overseeing your arrangement as they may be able to offer a resolution. Please be aware that any concern raised will be actioned promptly in the strictest confidence, with a full investigation being carried out. At no time will your grievance affect how you are treated by our colleagues. Should you wish to make a formal complaint then please contact:
Telephone: 0800 862 0150 Monday-Friday 8am-6pm
Email address: email@example.com
Or write to: FAO Management Team, Affordable Funerals, The Pool House, Bicester Road, Oxfordshire OX27 9BS
On receipt of your complaint:
- We will send you written acknowledgement as soon as possible upon receiving your complaint.
- A member of our team will contact you directly and attempt to address your concerns.
- Your complaint will be logged.
- Our complaints team will investigate your complaint promptly and thoroughly. This will usually entail talking to colleagues with whom you have had contact.
- We will aim to resolve your complaint
- You will receive a written response to your complaint within eight weeks of the acknowledgement letter being sent.