Attended Funeral (funeral director’s charges only) £850.00 – This is a funeral where family and friends have a ceremony, event or service for the deceased at the same time as they attend their burial or cremation.
- Taking care of all necessary legal and administrative arrangements £200.00
- Collecting and transporting the deceased from the place of death (normally within 15 miles of the funeral director’s premises) into the funeral director’s care £250.00
- Care of the deceased before the funeral in appropriate facilities. £200.00
- Providing a suitable coffin – this will be made from a standard veneered wood £150.00
- At a date and time you agree with the funeral director, taking the deceased person direct to the agreed cemetery or crematorium (normally within 20 miles of the funeral director’s premises) in an appropriate vehicle £200.00
Fees You Must Pay
For an Attended or Unattended burial funeral, the burial fee.*
In this local area, the typical cost of the burial fee for local residents is charged at local cemetery rate.
For a new grave, you will also need to pay for the plot; for an existing grave with a memorial in place, you may need to pay a removal/replacement fee. In addition, the cemetery may charge a number of other fees. Please discuss any specific religious, belief-based and/or cultural requirements that you have with the funeral director.
*This fee (which is sometimes called the interment fee) is the charge made for digging and closing a new grave, or for reopening and closing an existing grave.
This is a funeral where family and friends may choose to have a ceremony, event or service for the deceased person, but they do not attend the burial or cremation itself.
Burial (funeral director’s charges only) – Not available
Cremation (funeral director’s charges plus the cremation fee)* £990.00
*In England, Wales and Northern Ireland, you will usually need to pay doctors’ fees as well. This is the charge for a doctor to sign the Medical Certificates for Cremation.
We may be able to supply a range of optional, additional products and services, or to arrange (on your behalf) for a third party to supply them. Examples include:
- Additional mileage (price per mile) £2.00
- Additional transfers of the deceased (e.g. to their home, to a place of worship etc.) (price per transfer, usually within 15 miles of the funeral director’s premises) £150.00
- Standard Collection and delivery of ashes within 28 days of cremation £100.00
- Express collection and delivery of ashes within 14 days of cremation £175.00
- Embalming £150.00
- Funeral officiant (e.g. celebrant, minister of religion etc.) £230.00
- Services supplied outside of normal office hours £550.00
- Viewing of the deceased for family and friends, by appointment with the funeral director (where viewing is requested by the customer) £200.00
- Dressing of the deceased £100.00
The funeral director can give you a full list of what they can supply. They are likely to charge for these additional products and services, so you may choose to take care of some arrangements without their involvement, or you can use a different supplier.