Pre-Arrangement Sales Advisor – Home based
Low Cost Funeral Ltd has developed a selection of direct low cost cremation options to satisfy public demand throughout the UK. We offer a QUALITY low cost cremation service at AFFORDABLE prices.
Our Mission Statement
“Low Cost Funeral Limited has a mission to provide exceptional standards of service and facility to the bereaved families that use its services. This is because it is not only commercially sensible to do so but also because it is an essential act of human decency towards people who have just lost a much-loved member of their family or friend. Bereavement is the price we must all pay for the joy of loving and being loved. The loss of a loved one is the most stressful, unhappy and traumatic experience that we will face in life. We at Low Cost Funeral Limited realise that we are unable to eradicate such pain but we also know it is our responsibility and duty to be as efficient, kind, respectful and polite as humanly possible to our clients at their time of grief.”
To pursue all new pre-paid leads and enquiries by email / telephone, liaise with the applicant confirming they have received the information and discuss any queries or questions they may have. Manage an effective diary to arrange call backs and maximise opportunities for sales. Ensure Low Cost Funerals pre-paid plans are arranged in accordance with the clients’ wishes, the FPA code of conduct and that all relevant paperwork is completed, and procedures are followed. To assist with “at need” enquiries and administrative duties as required and including the arrangement of funerals direct with a client and the arrangement of contract funeral services from our partnered organisations. Occasionally situations may also arise that require the post holder to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by Low Cost Funerals management.
Good communications skills are essential as post holders will need to adapt and tailor communication to the recipient/client. Post holder must be able to empathise with and show respect to clients at all times and be able to work effectively as part of a team. The candidate will have excellent sales skills and a proven track record in direct sales. Excellent client service skills must be demonstrated at all times and work must be accurate. Post holder will need to be organised, able to work under pressure, under minimal supervision and be trustworthy and honest as this post may involve cash handling. A minimum of 2 years’ administration experience is essential as the role will be focussed on paper based and IT based administration. Post holder must have a good level of IT skills with some experience in Microsoft Office and Administrative packages. A full driving licence is desirable.
Sales / Marketing
Minimum 5 years’ Sales experience with a proven track record of achieving and exceeding targets. (Sales experience in a funeral planning sector an advantage).
Minimum 2 years’ Administration experience.
Moderate / high level Excel;
Administration Package experience (preferably bespoke).
Teamwork / Communication
Works well as part of team;
Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal & written;
Displays empathy and diplomacy.
Customer Relationship Management
Good communication skills & adapts style of communication to customer;
Good understanding of the importance of high standards and service.
GCSE level of education especially in English and Mathematics.
Job Type – Full-time
Salary: £25k + commission.
The post holder shall:
- Direct and co-ordinate all activities involved in the administration of Low Cost Funerals pre-paid funeral plans in order to maximise profits and deliver operating standards in order to provide customer satisfaction.
- Fully explain to clients the benefits of purchasing a Low Cost Funeral plan. To complete all necessary paperwork for the sale of Low Cost Funeral plans.
- Deal efficiently and effectively with all telephone calls into the office, in accordance with Low Cost Funerals (Memoria) procedures and standards, ensuring that all messages are delivered appropriately.
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed and updating the CRM system with service details and clients’ details ensuring 100% accuracy at all times.
- Ensure conformity with data protection and GDPR legislation relating to the handling of client information.
- Ensuring that paperwork is delivered within time limits to all concerned including crematoria, Pre-Paid Funerals underwriters and partnered organisations.
- Act with due diligence when using Low Cost Funerals assets and ensure that documents and important data are safe and secure.
- Undertake such tasks as directed in order to promote the business.
- Support Low Cost Funerals staff in the achievement of key performance targets.
- Work with the LCF Office Manager and colleagues to ensure the office is covered effectively.
- Communicate with both Management and the team in a constructive and positive manner.
- Be responsible for ensuring clients are received and greeted in the appropriate manner.
- Ensure that the funeral plan is arranged in accordance with the clients’ wishes regardless of the method of communication, or the point of contact that the client used such as, website sourced or via a crematorium.
- Ensure that all funeral plan options and relevant documentation are properly explained to all clients and that the client is aware of all additional services such as, visual tributes, webcam and Pre-Arranged Funerals – where it is appropriate to do so.
- Ensure that the client is fully aware of the cost of the services to be provided and Low Cost Funerals terms and conditions of payment (including full payment due in advance on the receipt of a funeral application).
- Maximise opportunities to develop the services offered to clients in conjunction with the LCF Office Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring all client complaints are dealt with appropriately in accordance with the Low Cost Funerals (Memoria) Complaints Procedure.
- Work within the agreed operational standards (Memoria Operating Procedures) making recommendations for improvement to the LCF Office Manager.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work and ensure that the office complies with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain and promote good working relationships with skilled services such as funeral directors, hospital mortuaries, coroners, doctors, ministers, nursing homes etc.
- Liaise with hospitals, clergy, crematorium staff and all other service providers as required.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping and report all defects/damage to the LCF Office Manager.
- Research competitors’ activities and report key developments to the LCF Office Manager.
- Accept all payments and ensuring the appropriate procedures are followed including issuing a receipt on every occasion, ensuring that monies received are banked as soon as possible.
- Ensure accurate records are kept allowing third party payments to be paid to partners.
- Communicate with the accounts team to inform them of any change in payment method.
- Display a professional, smart image and attitude at all times.
- In addition, all employees are expected to work within the terms of their contract of employment and adhere to Low Cost Funerals (Memoria) policies and procedures.
Dimension of the Role
Reports to: LCF Office Manager
Please apply by email including a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org